martes, 12 de agosto de 2008

Un Email para compartir

Este es un email que me envio Jason Stanley 4º dan de Shito Ryu, en el se plantea una interesante polemica con otras personas, sobre la eficacia de karate.

Hi Roberto
Wow…
You know I didn't realize I would stir up such a storm!
Last week I sent an email titled "Is ignorance really bliss when it comes to fighting?", which was basically my response to 2 spiteful emails I received recently. In my reply I compared *real fighting*, MMA and karate point fighting.
If you missed last week's email this is what the first writer (Mr. Boxer, said that got it all started:


"Sorry buddy but Karate isn't sh*t. I train Muay Thai kickboxing and Brazilian jui jistue. karate is good for self discipline but wont help you in a real fight"
And then in the second email Matt wrote nothing but,
"point karate sucks sh*t"

C'mon guys, where's the love?
No "hi" and no introduction?
Anyhow I wanted to share with you some of the feedback I received from that email, including what the 2nd guy wrote back…
Before I get to that, thank you to everybody who responded.Unfortunately I couldn't include everyone's response as therewere so many, but here's what some of you said:

-----
"The tactics of striking, evading/breaking free, and keeping enemies at one-step range -- what most karate kata emphasize -- have a significant advantage in a pure self-defense situation…
Karate is a good art, and MMA is a good collection of arts. There are no superior arts, just superior fighters...
The real world has bad lighting, uneven pavement, no referees, usually unevenly matched and involuntary opponents, and you can't tap out. ;)"

- Rick-----------------------------------
" … what p*sses me off the most about these fools, is they don't see the writing on the walls. Like Chuck Norris, 6 time world champion; Bill Wallace, possibly one the greatest fighting champions of all time; Chuck Liddell who is a third or Fourth degree in Kempo karate; and Lyotodo Machida, 13 and 0 in the UFC, as well as his recent victory over Tito Ortiz, who couldn't hardly lay a glove on the man." -

Scot -----------------------------------
"For a one-on-one attack, you may feel confident going to the ground and working for awhile on a submission hold, but in a *real* attack situation, you should expect there is always a second and maybe a third person ready to come at you.
Being a stand-up fighter will help you maneuver against multiple attackers and delay going to the ground where your odds become very small against multiples. You always want the option to run away."

- Joe
-----------------------------------
"...Traditional karate included punches, kicks, elbows, knees, joint locks & manipulations, sweeps and throws…it was truly one of the first original mixed martial arts systems to be taught and survives today as a testimony to the art."

- John
-----------------------------------
"If these guys who think that the UFC (which I am a huge fan of) is the real thing, maybe they should do a little research on some of the fighters. Georges St. Pierre(Canadian!!!!!), current world champ in the UFC in the welterweight division, has said publicly that he attributes his success in MMA to his many years of Karate training. Send them this link to see what influence karate has had on MMA and the UFC. It should shut them up
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search!!search~~ufc``karate&urlHash=-2.735160635539426E-102"

- Ted-----------------------------------
"I think that naughty boxer guy is just saying that because Joe Rogan said something almost exactly the same. Kata aside for a second.... what's SO different between karate sparring and kickboxing anyway? Two words...Andy Hug. If he's not proof that karate works, there's no such thing. Ironically he's beaten a lot of muay thai fighters."

- Brad
-----------------------------------
"I couldn't agree with you more! I have been a bouncer at a couple of different sports bars that cater to mixed martial people and i have never had a problem getting them out the door. I have even had a few wait for me after the clubs closed and it was still wasn't any problem. The techniques i train in Uechi Ryu haven't let me down yet!!"

- Eric
-----------------------------------
"Hi Jason, I have learned a tremendous amount about karate techniques and karate philosophy by reading your e-mails and studying your e-book courses.
Although I am a jujitsuka (now Shodan), in Kinjiru jitsu and Combat jujitsu, many of the techniques you have taught us (true martial artists) Jason, have only helped me with my current training methods….
Take care Jason! God Bless"

- Stephen
-----------------------------------
" UFC is a fine sport and the fighters that compete are strong and capable. Remember, it's a sport and basically they are entertainers. Good fighters, but not warriors and of course held back by a set a rules that expands regularly… It has been my experience that point fighting can quickly and easily shift into full contact fighting and be very effective.
When I work with the military, especially the Marines, I never teach them grappling techniques. In reality they have no time for them in the combat zones they are deployed to and when clearing a room they have to know easy to apply stand up techniques that work and enable them to keep moving." -

Dave
-----------------------------------
"I'm not exactly sure what "Brazilian jui jistue" is, but as a person who cross-trains in Brazilian Jiujitsu, I find your karate tips immensely helpful for my own kickboxing and striking regiment. I always remember what Bruce Lee says, "Be like water!" Being open-minded and learning from all arts has made me a better martial artist.
Props sensei, and thanks for all the awesome tips via email!"


- Kevin
-----------------------------------
And finally here's what Matt, the guy who wrote "point karate sucks s**t" wrote back to me…
"you are a scam artist selling that shit i cannot belive it i feel sorry for you"
-matt
Again, no greeting? What's up with that?
Well “matt” I hope you can take something away from this email… I hope you can see that perhaps point karate can be of benefit as pointed out by several of our readers with the examples of UFC fighters Chuck Liddell, Lyotodo Machida and Geoges St. Pierre, in that it teaches good timing, distance, and clean hitting - 3 key points to winning any fight whether it be in the cage, on the competition floor or in real life.
Until next time,


Jason
P.S. Roberto , I'm sure you realize that my Fighting Secrets Revealed Home Study Course IS NOT in fact a *scam*. It's really a collection of 20+ years of tips, tactics and strategies as used by world champions and international coaches, that can seriously bring about huge improvements in fighting performance.

5 comentarios:

The Master dijo...

Por favor, los comentarios en español, me costo un laburo tremendo leer el email, buen provecho.

odinstack dijo...

El peleador con el corazón más grande va a ganar. Aunque muera.

Zeta dijo...

Hi, Robertou!

pelerin dijo...

Keep the work my friend, you're doing fine!

Anónimo dijo...

Bo, Master, muy bueno el sitio del profesor Stanley. Ya me suscribí. Re-interesante.

Excelente aporte.